Friday 1 January 2016

Hello 2016 - Good bye Resolutions

Hello 2016
Good bye Resolutions
So, the last firework went bang and the clock chimed midnight as I sat in front of the open fire looking at the dog.

She looked back at me, gnawing her favourite toy and I couldn't help but think, she's got it good.
I thought because it was New Years Eve I would have a list of resolutions. A list of things that I'd like to alter about myself but looking at the dog I realised there wasn't much point.

You see the best thing about being her is that she lives in that moment. She didn't care about what was going on around her, she was in the moment, the chew toy and fire meant as far as she was concerned, life was pretty good. So why cant I be more like the dog? I'm not concerned with resolutions to alter myself because if I'm in this very moment, as long as there's a bed, a roof and some food in the cupboard, I too have it pretty good!

So here is the only resolution I'm making, and I urge you to make the same, my resolution is I have no resolutions. I'm ok as I am. I intend to achieve this by not worrying, by being more like the dog, a little more "in the moment" and a little less "what if....". I will just be, the things that I stumbled over, I'll leap over in 2016, because worry wont weigh me down.

I will make a semi resolution though, nothing cast in stone but an attempted nod towards the tradition of resolutions if you like....I resolve to try and blog regularly.



No comments:

Post a Comment