Thursday 14 January 2016

A Theme for the Year

or

From the Mouths of Babes


I was recently discussing New Years Resolutions with my niece Katie. She's 9 and what my grandmother would call "an old soul". Frankly, the kids awesome, not being biased, there's none of my DNA in her, but she's got most things pegged.

Me: So, it's the New Year K, I know some people make New Years Resolutions but I thought maybe we should have a word as a resolution, like a theme for the year, such as "kindness" or "thankfulness"......something we should work towards, what do you think?

K: Oh I've already made my resolution, I'm going to try harder in class, I don't like having rows for not concentrating, so that's my resolution.

M: So, that still works, your "theme" is concentration, now........what about your dad? What do....

And she replied before I could say anything

K: Oh that's easy Dads is SCROOGE!




As I said, she has everyone pegged.



No comments:

Post a Comment